Well, the B/CS Tea Party Rally with the opportunity to make your voice heard to our elected officials is rapidly approaching. We want this to be a fun and memorable event.
Here is a list of thoughts to make this Bryan/College Station Tea Party a huge success.
Remember why we are having this event.
- We are protesting out of control government spending and taxation.
- We are protesting socialism.
- We are defending the Constitution and the ideals of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
- We are protesting our elected officials voting on legislation they have not read.
- We are defending free market capitalism as the philosophy that made The United States of America the leader of the world in a mere 200 plus years and as the philosophy able to restore America’s financial foundation.
- We are defending the right to a secret ballot.
- We are in opposition to Cap and Trade energy bills that would increase the cost of all forms of energy – natural gas, oil, gasoline, coal, oil shale, and all forms of creating electricity – exponentially!
Make The B/CS Tea Party a Memorable Event
- Do bring a homemade sign. Remember misspelled words and bad grammar will reflect on the quality of the event.
- Make sure sign is factually correct – e.g. Only Congress spends money, not The President.
- Do wear Tea Party t-shirts and caps!!
- Remember signs and t-shirts make for a better news picture. Also, we will have our own photographer and videographer for documenting this event. Use this opportunity to make a statement with your own sign and Tea Party gear.
- This is a family event – No vulgar language on signs or in speech!
- No pets!
- No alcohol, no guns, no pitchforks or torches.
- Do bring folding chairs, water/soft drinks, and a light jacket and hat for the evening chill.
- Do bring flashlights if you plan on staying until dusk.
- Do everything you can to make this event a safe and effective rally.
This is your event! Make your voice heard all the way to Washington!