912 Petitions has a terrific petition to present to our elected officials. This is a petition for redress of grievances, a right guaranteed to us by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The goal is to collect one million signatures.
Here’s a summary, as presented in their flyer:
If you believe in the Constitution and believe the following:
- We are entitled to life, liberty, and property, and we have never ceded to any sovereign power whatever, a right to dispose of these without our consent.
- The three branches of the United States government derive their just powers solely from the consent of the governed.
- We the people have the right and the obligation to alter or abolish any government that becomes destructive of the inalienable rights endowed by our Creator and rights codified in the United States Constitution.
- We have the right peaceably to assemble, consider our grievances, petition the three branches of the Federal Government; and that all prosecutions, prohibitory and proclamations, defamatory declarations, and commitments for the same, are illegal.
- We the People of the United States of America, do claim, demand, and insist on, as our indubitable rights and liberties that the federal government must be answerable and accountable to the people; which cannot be legally taken from us, altered or abridged by any power whatever, without our own consent, and said consent has never been given.
Read the entire petition carefully before signing, of course. You may or may not be fully in agreement with each point in the way it is presented.